IndieCade 2011 has come and gone and the esteemed jury has selected its winners. While the choices are strong, we do want to point out that equally deserving games did not make the list and do not want them to be overlooked. Among our favorites were: Hero Generations, Improviso, The Bridge, The Witch, and of course we are already known to have loved Desktop Dungeons with its latest incarnation bringing many improvements.
While Fez has had us excited for a very long time, and took two top prizes, it is still not set for release until 2012. Let’s hope we see it then!
That said, here are the official Indiecade 2011 Winners. Well-deserved congratulations to all!
Awards for Disciplinary Excellence
- Visuals (Presented by Nvidia): Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP – Capybara Games, Jim Guthrie (Canada)
- Game Design (Presented by TransGaming): Deepak Fights Robots – Tom Sennett (USA)
- Technology: Johann Sebastian Joust – Douglas Wilson & Friends (Denmark)
- Story/World Design: Fez – Polytron Corp. (Canada)
- Audio: Proteus – Ed Key & David Kanada (UK/USA)
- Interaction: Ordnungswissenschaft – Till Wittwer, Marek Plitchta, & Jacob Penca (Germany)
Awards for General Excellence
- Special Honors: The Swapper – Facepalm Games (Finland)
- Impact (Sponsored by G4tv.com): Johann Sebastian Joust – Douglas Wilson & Friends (Denmark)
- Grand Jury: Fez – Polytron Corp. (Canada)
- Developer’s Choice: Way – CoCo & Co (USA)
- Audience Choice Award: The Depths to Which I Sink – Bigpants (Canada)
- LG Mobile 3D Award Winners: Hungry Hungry UFO, Trinket, Languish
- Trailblazer Award: Megan Gaiser – founder “Her Interactive“